We will effectively communicate with you. Your Harcourts property manager will discuss your needs and develop a policy for the prompt response and resolution of matters. In the busy world of property management our clear communication procedures ensure that you always know whats happening with your property.
- We will ensure that you are kept fully informed throughout the process of finding a tenant for your property.
- Undertake comprehensive listing notes about your property.
- Prepare advertising for your property including appropriate photographs.
- Have the property listed on all the real estate web sites that we subscribe to.
- Conduct viewings of your property for all prospective tenants until your home is tenanted (subject to access being provided to us by any current occupant).
- Facilitate the erection of a To Let Board on your behalf (with your permission and if signs are permitted).
- When authorised by you to do so we will check all successful applications on the relevant lease and credit control databases
- Verify all applicants references and previous renting history.
- Let your property for the asking amount of rent, (as outlined in your management agreement with us). We will not let your property
at a different amount, without first obtaining your permission.
- Complete and execute the lease agreement and explain in detail your new tenant's rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure your new tenant pays all ingoing costs prior to the commerlcement of the lease.
- Forward a copy of the Lease Agreement to you once the lease has commenced..
- Have regular contact with you and provide feedback to you throughout the letting process.
We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy which we outline clearly to all tenants when they sign their lease agreement.
- Invoice the tenant 5 days prior to month end and send out email & sms reminders.
- Process rent payments made into ou trust account daily. Follow up all late payments in accordance with the Rental Housing Act.
- Keep you fully informed at all times should the tenant fall into rent arrears.
- We will issue Letters of Demand and assist you in handing the matter over to attorneys should the need arise.
- Provide you with a monthly summary of rents collected and outgoings pald.
- Handle any queries logged by your tenant and attend to the same. Lodge the deposit in accordance with legislation.
- Deposit the net proceeds of your rental income into your nominated bank account as per your management agreement.
- Pay all property outgoings as agreed on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds)
Maintenance and Repairs
We expect that property owners will undertake recommended repairs to their rental property in order to preserve the value of the property, meet legislative obligations and maintain a positive relationship
with the tenants. At Harcourts, we encourage your tenants to submit all maintenance requests in writing.
- Not undertake repairs to your property in excess of your nominated amount, without first obtaining your approval. NOTE: This excludes emergencies and repairs that are required to be rectified by law.
- Contract a tradesperson within a timely manner for non urgent repair requests.
- Attend to any urgent repair requests immediately.
- Only use trades people who are properly licensed and insured to handle the type of work being performed on your property.
- Provide you with all copies of invoices for any repairs required at your property if requested